Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Catch Some ZZZ's


Disney Princess Sleeping Beauty figured it out before anyone else! Who wouldn't want to wake up looking Beyonce flawless?

Today, I am sharing the importance of a good night’s sleep for a happier, healthier and youthful you! Throughout the many busy hours in a day our body deserves and crave a full eight hours of sleep. Yes, I said EIGHT hours of sleep!  Studies confirm the importance and benefits for everyone to make it a routine to sleep for eight hours a day on a regular basis for optimal performance. 

The right amount of sleep has the following benefits:
  •     Improves moods
  •     Helps maintain a healthy weight
  •     Improves athletic performance coordination

With exam season fast approaching I thought it would be fitting to outline the MANY more benefits of sleeping. Many studies have shown the positive correlation of sleeping right and increasing your ability to pay attention, retaining new information and helping in lowering stress. All nighters are not beneficial for us at all.

Once you have developed a consistent sleeping schedule you won’t believe how much your skin will actually glow! Our skin repairs almost magically over night to improve skin elasticity, texture and moisture. Sleep actually allows your body to build up its immune system to help fight acne blemishes naturally.

One of my current favourite sleep products is a sleep mask from Shop Bop. After the first couple of nights with it I doubt I will ever go into dream land without one!


Make sleep a priority and come sunrise you’ll be ready to conquer the world

6 comments:

  1. A full 8 hours is so important to me - a late night studying or partying throws off my sleep schedule and eating habits for days after. I used to worry about having to wake up early for school every morning, but now that I'm into the routine I'm even up at 7 on weekends and I get more out of my days. "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is crucial, and I totally agree with you and Jen's comment above. Recently, personally i am going through sleeping deprivation at night because of noisy rock music next door so late even to midnight. I can't fall asleep, which drove me so anxious. Just want a quiet place let me have a sound sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whe I was your age, 8 hrs sleep was a snap...I have not had more than 6 in the last 15 years and by now my body is so accustomed to that schedule, I don't know if I could sleep 8 hrs even if I wanted to. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I always get such great tips for feeling healthy and happy from your blog, it is very inspiring! I will definitely take your suggestion on the sleep mask. Thanks for shariing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who looks like an extra from the walking dead without a good rest, I can confirm the importance of sleep.
    This was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I do not get my 8 hours of sleep, I get so cranky and it can ruin my whole week. I am so glad you wrote about how important sleep is. Great Blog Harleen!

    ReplyDelete