Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rawr Rawr Raw Foods

Who wouldn't want to bring out their inner super powers
with some of the world’s most powerful raw foods?!
The more raw foods you add into your diet the more your body will refuel and energize making you look and feel youthful. Instead of neglecting your body’s craving for nourishment why not take charge for being the best possible you. I promise that after reading this post you will feel motivated to make these little changes that will result in BIG positive changes!

It’s doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that the more good stuff you add into your diet, the less room you have for the bad stuff. Although this rule is simple you must put effort into planning your meals in order to follow through. I have a couple of guidelines that help me keep up with raw food intake:
  •  Start your day with a tall glass of room temperature water with a lemon
  •  Eat 2 -3 pieces of whole, organic fruits
  • Have a big spinach salad every day
  • Have a green smoothie loaded with vegetables every day
Try this SUPER yummy green smoothie:


Substituting processed, sugary and fried foods for raw foods allows your body to rest rejuvenate and heal. Some of current favourite super foods are the following
  • Avocados: The monounsaturated fats help improve skin tone, maintain optimal skin moisture and protect your skin against wrinkles.
  • Blueberries: Contain anti-cancer compounds and antioxidants.
  • Peppers: Packed with antioxidants that protect cells and stave off aging.
Personally, I immediately noticed I had more energy, better sleep and my skin improved as soon as I increased my raw food intake. Everybody can benefit from eating more raw food on a daily basis and I think this is a wonderful goal for all of us. As always remember to honor the changes you make and celebrate your progress with it.
I would love to hear from all of you in the comments below if you have noticed a change with your body from trying the tips listed above! 

P.s As promised I will share with you last week's riddle answer: Scent, cent and sent

10 comments:

  1. Great post Harleen, I am totally motivated to add more raw foods into my diet. I had no idea that avocados were so good for the skin. I've never been a blueberry lover but I think it might be time for me to mix a few into my diet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrianna, the monounsaturated fats in avocados apply moisture to your skin that help make your skin look and feel soft and healthy. This is just ONE out of many benefits! Incredible isn't it?!

      Delete
  2. Great blog topic Harleen, it is so true! I always try to drink lemon water first thing in the morning before my coffee too. Another tip would be to add a dash of cayenne pepper to the water as well. Thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra, what a great tip! That sounds like the perfect additional ingredient!

      Delete
  3. Har, you know I'm a sucker for avocado, lime and fruits, this post is perfect! I'm glad you're trying to get others to eat healthy food and how important this is for their health. Organic food is very important, unfortunately research must be done to try to avoid GMOs and all the health risks that come from eating GMOs. Really hope that this inspires others to eat healthier and purchase local organic food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I inspire you all to make small changes within your lives starting today. You will see the changes to your mind, body and soul progressively!

      Delete
  4. I have actually been thinking about doing a raw food cleanse and have been looking up different recipes. The green smoothie looks so yummy - I will have to give this a try! (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was very informative, Harleen. One thing I do with my green smoothies to give them a bit of sweetness is add raw cacao nibs. One question though - why should we drink our water at room temperature? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look delicious, healthy and easy to make! Thanks for the tips I would like to try the green smoothie sometime, haven't really given raw food a chance, now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Harleen, I just love your blog, your tips and youthful principles are very similar to our Asian's culture, thanks for sharing and inspiring to keep us young.

    ReplyDelete