Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Me, Myself and I



Audrey Hepburn 
couldn't have said it better herself. There is no doubt that truly feeling and looking youthful comes from within all of us.
The truth is as times goes on our minds can get younger if we smile, sing and stay positive. The best part is these techniques require nothing more than just YOU!

Smiling is one of the most effective ways to feel young and it is so effortless. Research studies have discovered that smiling lowers blood pressure, boosts our immune system and releases powerful endorphins that counter stress. Scientists have found that one smile can trigger the same reaction in the brain as receiving $25,000. The “Million Dollar Smile” saying might have more truth to it then we all thought! So find what puts a smile on your face and spread the love with friends and loved ones.


Singing has similar biological benefits as smiling! The best part is that it can be done anywhere at any time. Sing in the shower, sing with your friends in the car or sing when your home alone.

 Training our minds to have positive thoughts is the basis of good mental, emotional, and spiritual health. With so much happening in our lives it is easy to let the little things bring us down. We owe it to yourselves to cultivate positive thoughts and let the burden of worries and anxieties roll off. The more you hear a message the more likely you are to truly believe it. Take time to remind yourselves that you are beautiful, accomplished and loved! 

5 comments:

  1. What a great and inspirational post. I hate it when people tell me to smile, just because I'm not smiling doesn't mean I'm not happy. I like the studies and and health benefits you just stated, maybe I will actually smile more without complaining. Thanks Harleen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all Megan! Smiling has such a beneficial toll on your body inside and out! I recommend making it a conscious effort to smile more as I find it helps me quite a bit in so many ways :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post. It reminds me let the small things slide and to keep thinking positive as you've suggested. Plus who could ever argue with Audrey Hepburn and that quote :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking positive is so beneficial! I am so glad that this post has given you a friendly reminder to let the small things roll off your shoulders. Audrey Hepburn has many great quotes, i'll try to share some more in my upcoming posts.

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more with your post Harleen,
    I've always seen the value in positive thinking. That being said it is a little hard sometimes, but you can't let negativity bring you down right.
    Also on a side note, super cute pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete