Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Ready Set Go!

Raise your hand if you have made exercising your resolution for the New Year – and happened to not start it yet? I don’t know about you, but that definitely applies to me! Losing weight was the number one resolution for 2014 and staying fit and healthy was ranked fifth on the list.

This year let’s ACTUALLY follow through with our resolutions TOGETHER by making it fun!

It shouldn't be a surprise that exercising has countless benefits for your body and mind. Toning your body by building muscle builds good posture which instantly makes you look younger. Research shows daily physical activity can decrease the inflammation in your body that comes with aging. This decreases the risk of diseases such as depression, heart disease, loss of muscle mass and diminishing mental function. Many studies demonstrate a connection between exercise and fighting brain aging effects. Many people might not know that exercise increases blood circulation which gives yourself a glowing youthful complexion.

Let me guessssssss…you don’t have enough time/hours in the day to exercise? Yes you do! Making the conscious decision to use a flight of stairs instead of the elevator ADDS UP. One of my go to exercise activity is calf raises while washing the dishes or making lunch. If you REALLY want to make every minute count, I challenge you all to try either squats or wall sits while brushing your teeth.

One of my current all-time favourites is hot yoga. If you want to jump on the bandwagon stop by your local hot yoga studio and explore your inner yoggie!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Harleen, I like hot yoga too, and "calf raises while washing the dishes or making lunch" is very helpful and easy to do when we don't have time to gym. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny I recommend Power Yoga and Moksha Yoga. Two hot yoga studio's located in S.Catharines who do an amazing job with beginner level classes for those who are just starting their yoggie journey!

      Delete
  2. Harleen, I am so grateful for your inspiration! Its so easy to get lazy in these cold winter months. We should try a hot yoga class together sometime, I am a big yoggie. Keep these blogs coming girl, I always need an extra push to get moving and out the door.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. This absolutely applies to me, I have no shame in that, and I will actually try the wall sits while brushing my teeth! I like the way you think using those extra minutes, and I am really enjoying your blog. Keep up the great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's go ladies!! Don't forget, summer bodies are made in the winter. I would love to hear some of your go-to workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found the same article at https://www.myhealthplusguide.com/2021/05/yoga-asanas-for-beginner.html

    ReplyDelete