Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

NUTZ 4 Coconut Oil

Take responsibility for being the best possible you.
 Know what you are putting in and on your body
 


After some research and experimentation with this miracle substance, let me tell you that I am NUTZ 4 coconut oil! I could not live without this multi-purpose lifesaver. Not only can it be used as a substitute for food but it has many healthy, healing benefits outside of cooking. The number of health benefits will help bring forth a more youthful glow inside and out. 

I am so excited to share my coconut regiment with all of you. My goal this week is to show you the different ways in which you can incorporate coconut oil into your life on a daily basis. Let’s get started! 

Every morning before putting anything into your body, start off your day by consuming one teaspoon of organic coconut oil. The reason I start each morning by doing so is because it can help reduce your hunger. The combination of fatty acids have a powerful effect on your metabolism.



Recently, I have substituted my moisturizer in exchange for coconut oil. I find it an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin, leaving you with an irresistible long-lasting soft touch. Now YOU can too!


Take the natural route by making your own DIY hair mask. I make it a habit to incorporate coconut oil into my hair at least once a month. Check out three of my favourite hair mask recipes. An inexpensive way to flaunt healthy, beautiful hair! 

I challenge you to try at least ONE of these in the next week. Let me know how it goes! 

11 comments:

  1. My one roommate uses coconut oil on the regular...I think I need to try it out!
    I love everything coconut so I think I would love it. Keep it up Harleen, this is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harleen very useful tips. I love your hair, and now I know your trick haha. Thanks for sharing. Will start applying the oil, and hopefully you will see my hair shiny and healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a trick, I might just have to try. I love coconut oil but have never used it outside of cooking purposes. Great job so far, Harleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips. I search for information on these types of things all the time on the internet. I did not realize coconut oil was useful for so many things. I will definitely be using it much more - especially on the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With my naturally frizzy hair, I should probably try one of those hair masks. Your challenge is on! Thank you Harleen for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for all your comments. I love sharing any new tricks and helpful tips that I come across!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harleen, I loved this post. I am an avid coconut oil user. I love using it as a moisturizers and in my hair. Occasionally when having a bath I'll add a spoonful into the water, it leaves your skin so soft when you get out. At the end of last summer I started using it instead of tanning oil, I was shocked when I read an article that it has a natural spf of about 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great hearing all the different ways people incorporate coconut oil into their lives! Jennifer, I know you're a full time lifeguard in the summer with that being said using coconut oil when you're on deck will definitely help protect your skin!

      Delete
  8. Great tips, Harleen! I heard of one more this past week, pulling oil. Apparently you put a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for 20 minutes. It's supposed to have great health benefits...jury is still out on that one haha but I love using it for my hair! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard NOTHING but good things about coconut oil. I have a coconut oil body lotion that I absolutely cannot live without. It's amazing how well it works. If you're looking for a multi-purpose product The Body Shop has an amazing product for body, face and hair. (I don't work for the Body Shop, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got to say that I'm obsessed with anything coconut related.
    A few months ago I bought a big jar of organic coconut oil and have been making use of it in many ways. I hadn't thought of using it as a hair mask though, so I'll be definitely trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete